Monday, October 12, 2009
mother tongue response
i really enjoyed mother tongue. It was a story that i know may people can relate to. I can somewhat relate to the the author because as you continue to speak a certain way, people don't realize it and you tend to pass your speaking habits down to people you are always around. I agree with chu chu because my mother often speaks broken english sometimes and she doesn't even realize it. I also agree with jeanette, because the way you speak makes you you and everyone is certainly unique in their own way. Rong li also makes a good point. Some people may be embarassed because of their accent because of what other people may think of them. The story birings out a good message also. It tells you to always be dedicated to what you want to do. This lady didn't speak proper english all her life, and now she became a professional english wirter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
really enjoyed mother tongue. It was a story that i know may people can relate to. I can somewhat relate to the the author because as you continue to speak a certain way, people don't realize it and you tend to pass your speaking habits down to people you are always around. I agree with chu chu because my mother often speaks broken english sometimes and she doesn't even realize it. I also agree with jeanette, because the way you speak makes you you and everyone is certainly unique in their own way. Rong li also makes a good point. Some people may be embarassed because of their accent because of what other people may think of them. The story birings out a good message also. It tells you to always be dedicated to what you want to do. This lady didn't speak proper english all her life, and now she became a professional english wirter.
ReplyDelete